We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platform in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
Our infrastructure is largely built on Microsoft Windows. We have a hybrid configuration with on premise servers and cloud based servers using Microsoft Azure with a large number of additional technologies and middleware. We support three warehouses, a call center, corporate headquarters, and the development environment in the cloud. Our team uses a mix of Windows, Apple, and some Linux for our systems management platforms and cutting edge network equipment. About 50% of the development platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows.
Jet is building a world-class information security team and looking for a strong hands-on Security Engineer. You will be a key member of the security team responsible for a wide range of security projects focused on advanced defense and detection capabilities.
We’re looking for a hands-on self-starter with excellent technical skills. You will be working with new technology and implementing security solutions without the big-company bureaucracy. Your contributions will be valued by the company leadership and you will be given the autonomy to get the job done.
If you thrive on a fast-moving environment where you are implementing core information security defenses, then this is the job for you!
Specific responsibilities may include:
○ Implement security solutions for advanced endpoint malware protection, network monitoring, and threat detection.
○ Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration tests of Jet’s systems and networks.
○ Design creative solutions to attack detection and mitigation using advanced monitoring and anomaly detection strategies.
○ Develop solutions to protect cloud systems hosted in Microsoft Azure.
○ Work closely with IT and DevOps to enhance security without impacting productivity.
○ Protect a mixed network of Windows, Linux, and Mac.
○ BS degree or higher
○ Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Security
○ Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with IT staff
○ Excellent knowledge of threat landscape and ability to create strong defenses
○ Experience with managing endpoint and server protection technology such as anti- malware, whitelisting, and patching tools
○ Experience with network penetration testing tools such as nessus, nmap, core impact, Rapid7/metasploit, and similar
○ Experience with Windows, Windows Server and Linux security
○ Experience with Splunk or similar log management tools
○ CISSP, GIAC, CEH, or related certifications
○ Knowledge of Mac OS X administration and system configuration options
○ Experience assessing and defending wireless networks
○ Strong knowledge of web application attacks and defense strategies (SQL injection, XSS cross-site scripting, CSRF, DoS attacks, logic flaws, API attacks, etc…)