As tech architect you will enable our tech squads to implement code in a way that adheres with bloomon’s long term infrastructural decisions and provides maintainability. You are an expert on the entire bloomon platform, infrastructure, data model, and tooling, and you ensure that updates to these are following fundamental principles of maintainable software development. You have a great understanding on continuous integration and will ensure that our developers are super efficient by providing them with the right tooling and documentation. You understand that micro-services have benefits, but also have a deep understanding on how to implement them. For example, how do micro-services interact? Through orchestration (gRPC or HTTP?) or in a reactive approach (Kafka or RabbitMQ), and why?
How do we work?
Our working methodology is as disruptive as our stack and infrastructure. We just implemented the Squad model, founded by Spotify, where you work in a small, autonomous multi-disciplinary team. In addition, we use tools such as Slack, Jira, Github, and Trello to communicate efficiently and asynchronously — this allows us to work with anyone, anywhere.We work from hubs spread out between Europe and Asia. And it works great! After setting priorities, tasks enter a kanban (much like a living sprint), where developers set their own ETA which they themselves can monitor using time tracking. This way all our developers know exactly what to do, when and how. Next to that, this approach allows us to hire amazing developers from around the world, without having to compromise based on their location.
What do we expect from you?
- Experience with Node.js frameworks such as HAPI, Restify, Express, Loopback, etc.
- Experience working with and implementing micro-services and/or cloud functions
- Experience with RPC and event streams / PubSubs (Kafka and RabbitMQ)
- Experience with CI/CD (Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Understanding on how to structure maintainable large-scale backend applications; e.g. how to separate concerns (boilerplate vs business logic vs state)
- Great knowledge of industry best practices in maintainable code, code syntax, tooling, etc.
- Experience with unit, integration, behavioral, and end-to-end testing
- PHP, Laravel (nice-to-have)
Why would you want to work @bloomon?
At bloomon we assemble our bouquets with unique flowers from all over the world. We believe that diversity creates uniqueness. This is what we translate in our tech team as well. We offer you the opportunity to join a team of unique international developers who are helping us turning the industry on its head. We all love what we do – so challenge yourself, use new technologies, step out of your comfort zone, and take initiative! bloomon is the place where EVERYTHING you do matters!