CarTrawler is the world’s biggest online ground transportation marketplace. We connect customers and travel companies to more ground based transport solutions in more cities than they will find anywhere else. International airlines, hotel groups and online travel agents use CarTrawler technology to generate additional revenue from their existing online customers by offering them complimentary services in addition to their core product offering. CarTrawler technology enables them to offer their customers road and rail based transport solutions such as car rental, taxis, limousines, bus and rail connections through their own website. By consolidating the full range of ground transportation services and merchandising them through a single, intelligent booking engine, CarTrawler delivers the maximum return for Partners with minimum website real estate usage.
The way people travel from A to B is ever-changing. We work on solving these challenges through creating and building product touched by millions of users globally.
The UX team is CarTrawler’s cross-functional product development team comprised of professionals from a variety of disciplines (product managers, designers, developers, researchers and QA), working in a fluid/agile way to create and build best-in-class product.
The purpose of your role:
- Lead and manage a team of UX and UI/UX Designers
- Mentor and develop your team
- Liaise with the Insights Team to define business requirements
- Liaise with Product Manager to understand business requirements and input on the design aspect in order to solidify the product deliverables and timelines
- Design user and product flows to meet and enhance user expectations by consistently improving the usability, accessibility and joy! in using the product
- Lead thought process around user flow to drive the right user-centric design for the product end-to-end – fundamentally understanding the end-user expectations and perceived value proposition
- Actively conduct research to drive insights into the product teams – actively testing the product via moderated user research, remote user testing, prototype testing, analysis of on-site feedback and consultations with key business stakeholders
- Map out the user journey and make sure it works! – prototype testing and remote testing features/product ideas
- Produce user flows, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, user interface specifications and models across multiple device platforms and applications
- Create engaging interactive solutions across multiple platforms – adhering to latest and greatest web design principles to meet both end-user and business specifications
- Lead workshops across teams and key business stakeholders – driving insights, concepts and ideas into real end-user solutions
What background we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar UX role
- Expertise and understanding of visual user-centric design, information architecture, interaction design, usability and user interaction to deliver high-quality products
- Proficiency in driving solutions to end-user problems and passion for delivering the highest quality product
- Excellent workshopping, project management and organisation skills
- Effective communications skills and proven ability to influence and drive ideas across the business
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated abilities in relationship management and smart collaboration across all levels of the organisation
- Strong design skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision (or other similar prototyping tools)
- Desire to continuously learn and grow – keen interest in current and future UX trends in online retail and merchandising
- Keen interest in current and future UX trends in online retail and merchandising
- Most importantly, you must have curiosity and an overall passion for new and innovative approaches to the user interface and experience!
We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate the following competencies: Is this YOU?
- Creative thinking and passionate about design
- Good verbal and presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Demonstrated abilities at relationship management and smart collaboration across all levels of the organisation
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Positive and enthusiastic disposition
- Must be a Self-Starter